- Product and Laboratory: Nolvadex by A-Tech Labs
- Effects: Anti-estrogen, decreases fat build-up, decreases water retention
- Ingredients: Tamoxiphene (Ester: )
- Form: Oral
- Concentration: 20 mg/tab
- Presentation: 100 tabs (Total box 2000 mg)
- Dosage: 20-40mg per day for 2-4 weeks (please see description / guidelines for further information on dosage structure)
Beginners Intermediate Advanced Female N/A N/A N/A N/A
- Protection during treatment: N/A
- Pct post cycle therapy: N/A
- Stack: N/A
- Level: Suitable for all users
Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) is a SERM that acts as both antagonist and agonist in relation to the estrogen hormone. It is an anti-estrogen in that it binds to estrogen receptors in certain parts of the body, particularly in the mammary tissue. This action prevents estrogen from acting on its originally intended point of binding. This makes Nolvadex valuable to breast cancer patients as breast cancer feeds off of estrogen. And it’s valuable to steroid users as increased estrogen levels can bind to the mammary tissue and lead to gynecomastia.
The relationship Nolvadex has in being an anti-estrogen is fairly straightforward and well understood by many, but it’s its relationship to being an estrogen in other areas that’s surprising to some. Nolvadex acts as an estrogen on the liver. Liver related estrogenic activity has been shown to improve cardiovascular health, particularly as it relates to cholesterol. This can be very advantageous for the bodybuilding steroid user as most steroids have a negative impact on cholesterol levels.
Beyond its estrogen related activity Nolvadex possesses strong testosterone stimulating properties. The use of Nolvadex will stimulate the pituitary to increase its production of Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) with a strong emphasis on LH. LH and FSH are the gonadotropins that signal to the testicles to produce testosterone. Without LH and FSH there is no testosterone production.